[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4683: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
forums.nubstars.com • View topic - Starting Rosters for 25 / 10 man raids... *Necessary*
Login    Forum    Members    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion

Post subject: Starting Rosters for 25 / 10 man raids... *Necessary*
 Post Posted: Apr 15, '09 10:35 am 

whats up this is Nate "Naterade" and I have a suggestion that should be put through that would help alot of people out.

Due to the number of people in our guild (and growing) the positions in raids are becoming tight and we are having to pick and choose and taking alot of time in the process of doing this... which i think is unfair to people who do not know which position they fall into so therefore ...

I suggest we make starting rosters for both ten and twenty-five man raids.. I.E. Classes needed, TPS needed, DPS needed, and so-forth.

This may seem hateful and unfair to some to straight up say.. "hey your not a starter so this guy is going before you and maybe we could make a list of ppl who are definately going no matter what and a point system list of people's attendance/AFK Time/Disconnects/Contributions.... Its not fair to have to look like an ass when you are asked "do you want you go? because this person wants to"

It puts you in an awkward position where you dont want to hurt the other peoples feelings by saying "TAKE ME FUCK THEM" or put the officer/GM in a position where he has to choose and butt-hurt the person he doesnt choose. But then again You are a GM/Officer you chose to be one and if you cant make the proper decisions then step down and let someone who can ... Im guessing this isnt about friendship anymore and its about progression .. I mean its a game in the end but people take it seriously... fuck.. I spend more time playing this game then i do working some weeks. and I have gotten in numerous fights with the wife over playing time... so basically heres an example of what im getting at...

I dont want to spend a 73742893 hours a week practicing showing up for raids, learning shit, gathering mats, helping other do stuff to help secure my position in a raid when i allready know I am second teir and can slow down on playing time until everyone that is "allowed" to raid gets there gear / items and lets other ppl get some.

I am not bitching at all before you say "ohh hes mad he wasnt included a couple of times" well yeah maybe i am but i know (from hearing it out form other ppl in the guild) that other people feel the same way.

There are some ppl in this guild that i have grown to really enjoy spending my time with and some (fuckers :D ) thats i have known since grade school. most of the ppl i talk to and enjoy my time with i could see myself really becoming good friends with... anyways

FUCK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY

yes i wanted to go last night fucktards and the group was choosen so shitty it was like ummm yeah you go... then like uhh yeah you ummm yeah you why did you leave the raid group?? umm because i was removed and no oned said we were staying in group to goto 10 man.... BLAH

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Starting Rosters for 25 / 10 man raids... *Necessary*
 Post Posted: Apr 15, '09 11:06 am 

yes i went over board a bit but anyways lets make starting rosters for ulduar.. that way we all know whats up... and why dont we assign leaders to each raid group and let the leaders pick raid times and assign certain positions for certain people to do on a particular fight... for example:

Group 1 :
Fan Tormax kel ian sandals thane cynide noreaga jyr and alexa (example)

Fan leads this group.. he with his group collectivly go over strategies for boss fights after doing research and then assigns each person a specific role for each fight...
I.E.

Thane will be MTing and fan will be OT and tanking adds on this fight...sandals and ian need to CC and CS the adds that chant chain lightening and so on...

do this for every group wihtin that group with the group leader heading it up...

actually its gona be hard to get the tanks healers split up fair... we have the dps to split evenly... i dunno we need to be more organized i think

Post Posted: Apr 15, '09 1:54 pm 
Living Legend

I wish our server allowed us to do this man. The whole goal is to clear it... Once we clear it everything progressively gets easier.

Good idea but, can only take 10 people in an instance with 2 tanks and 3 healers required. You are only left with 5 dps slots.

Trust me we got plenty of time and need plenty of people involved to finish this. Shit like this just creates more crap. We all want to be in the first clears. But you have to be realistic that we all cannot be there. But we can all work towards it.

Post Posted: Apr 15, '09 2:32 pm 

exactly.. so why cant you have a 2 groups with 2 tanks 5 dps and 3healers and the other ppl sub in when dps/tanks/healers dont show im just saying its better then just selectively saying you and you and you and you and sorry not you.. and you ... I dont understand how the server doesnt allow this? you can do it yourself its just like when i ran a 5's team in GRAW 2 we had 3 5's teams in our clan.. starting 5 which represented in main competition.. moneywise and rep wise (shit talking) and the other 2 subbed in and ran there own shit under our name and we practiced agianst each other... this can be done..

I also dont understand how we collectivly get this done? either you are there to get it done or your not.. whats the use for me ( or anyone else ) to read countless hours and watch countless hours of strats to either A) not be listened to and taken seriously because i am newer (btw i am 3 months into playing and rock ppl who have been playing for years, tell me something once and its done and remembered) B) not even have a chance to use it ... I.E. mooncroww, bahamuet, and the new guys we recruited to just sit the bench at least these guys would feel important and part of the guild instead of just being " maybe no one will show up and ill get a chance" I mean shit some of these ppl werent even included in any weekly raid when we had ppl who had full off-set gears that they will probably never use.. you had people rolling on 3rd and 4th off-sets and denching epics that other ppl in the guild would kill for. Not to complain because I have been treated very fairly but i think you need to make everyone a part of something instead of making everyone sit on the sidelines.. it make the game worth playing and more exciting. that or tell them that they are not what the guild is looking for apoligize and show them the door. so they can find a place where they can raid... im sure some ppl would rather raid and wipe then not raid at all..

Post Posted: Apr 17, '09 5:18 am 
Living Legend

Post Posted: Apr 17, '09 11:02 am 

++ Please take my comments with a grain of salt. ++

Both of you have great valid points. Some people needs to understand not always they can go. Fanboi right now is in heat, every nubstars dog want to smell him but only a few can really hook him.

There is a demand for new content witch is bugged. I have done a lot of work on my toon and I am sitting down. I don't have a 10 man id. I am upset yes, but also I know if this dosent get done we won't progress. The QQ about time spent in game is awesome. So hear is mine:

I run a business (10+ clients of more than $1,000.00 a month) with a few accounts that have a anal budget thats goes over the $1M. I have a hot temper nice hot boricua wife with 3 kids. At 7:00PM M/T I am ready for 25. I don't need to repair, buy food, or flask, etc. I am willing to wipe, wipe, wipe to get shit done. I haven't been on 10 man yes I am sad but fan is a woman of few not a woman of many. So there is nothing more than just wait and see what happens and hope you get called out.

Fan is true we can only really count on some people, but imho you could really be a little more smarter. Here is my points of having 2 groups:

It will help identify who is really into the progression of the guild.
Who is an uncarriable loot whore.
Not only 10 people will know the fights and make 15 learns the fight on the fly on 25.
We could end-up with 2x25 raids witch will help a lot.
Some people will feel part of the guild.

And many other reason I wont add to not make this longer. So in other words the guild will get stronger and happier and we could end up clearing content like never before.

Why not try setting up 2 groups and see how things are going. Then when they don't get invited because they are loot whores, or they don't like to wipe they can't fuking QQ.

My 2 cents.

Post Posted: Apr 17, '09 12:05 pm 
Living Legend

I could already compile a list of who is a solid player, who has potential, those who are massive flakes, and those who just want loot. It doesn't take an entire month of raiding to figure that out.

Post Posted: Apr 17, '09 1:19 pm 

look... compile the group i will whipe whipe whipe whipe and then whipe some more to the first trash we could die to NPC's as soon as we enter the fucking raid... but i need to be a part of something and not watching... how you expect people to sit around and listen to you guys raid is fucking degrading at best... you want me to WASTE more of my time LISTENING to you guys talk to each other during raids?? that is rediculous... I am a strong player and if any of you dont think so fuck you for being so conceited.. and truth be told you do choose RL friends before internet ones, at least i would every time. because in the end no matter how much you dont want it to its a FUCKING GAME and when WoW is said and done and ppl move on to new games everything that is accomplished will mean absolutely nothing. so therefore you try to keep the RL friends you have .. especially if they are competent and can compare (maybe not beat quite yet) to ANYONE in the raid. are you going to even know or associate with any of these people when we all go to a diff. game or quit because of RL drama?? i think not.. when half of these people get out of college you will lose them anyways. if you dont care about being first and know you could eventually get it done with RL friends and shit then why care about butthurting a "internet friend" .... think about that... but whatever do what you think is best for your internet fantasy role-playing guild and "so-called" friends.. but like snoop dogg says "put me in the front seat with them i bet i whoop their ass.."

to think i was really excited about this.. i even have been working on videos and made a sig and shit... this is really ridiculous and shouldt even be a conversation and you know that.

Also... not mention the fact that this is now a "medium" population server ... therefore.. we could recruit some transfers or even help some ppl that i could get over here level... the only reason my brother and his buddies arent coming to re-roll is because they dont want to watch us raid and dont want to "listen to other people raid in ventrilo" which again is hilarious to ask someone to do... thats like being asked not to go on a trip with your buddies but one of them saying.. "dont worry ill leave my cell phone on so you can hear us" ...

so in the end i need you to choose. ive knon you since grade school and really take offense to you not wanting me to go (i would understand if i was just shit and had no competence like i did when i first started) even though we may have fallen out we are all Network 54 in the end and i bet none of these people but appy even know what that really means. I will NOT sit out.. i told you i wont.. i will go find a shit guild and whipe every fucking run .. better to whipe and be in there then not even be in there and be doing fucking dailies or the stupid ass agent tournament

Post Posted: Apr 17, '09 2:34 pm 
Living Legend

Look, man, you don't get to be special just because you're friends IRL. If you wanted a guild like that, Nubstars is not the place. You can't say you haven't gotten preferential treatment already, though. You were made an officer right off the bat, when there have been others who have literally gquit over the issue. You were brought into Naxx25 despite having played at 80 for less than a week, also a major point of contention for many players in the guild. You've been treated well and really have no reason to complain. This is just your ego talking, IMO, but I'll explain a bit of what I feel that Fan left out (see above) without trying to belittle anyone.

Being a GM means sitting on a very painful fence between what you want to do and what you should do. Being a GM involves deciding what is best for the 136 accounts that consider you their leader, not what's best for the five or six accounts you know in real-life.

At this point in time, Fanboi has made the decision to get a baseline group of players (10 players in this case) an intimate knowledge of the fights via 10man groups. This group is separate and unique from the 25man raid in which the majority of the raiding population of the guild participates. The initial people in those groups likely don't need the gear from there. Instead, their JOB is to learn the fights as best they can so that after sufficient number of players have seen the content, they can split up and aide in other 10man groups.

Taking ten of your best in to learn the content very, very well then splitting up to teach the rest is far and a way more efficient and less stressful than sending in a bunch of split-skill groups to forge it on their own. The benefit from this is two-fold. Eventually, two 10man groups will be able to run efficiently and easily, moving into one-night clears soon enough. Additionally, the 25man raid profits by having the leading players having an "extra" bit of knowledge and experience in the fights. At that point, everyone profits.

I'm sorry that you feel left out, but it's a matter of logistics. Don't take it personally or you're just going to be really pissed off about an issue that will work itself out with time. As I'm sure you noticed, I wasn't in the 10man group running the other night, either. I've been in the guild for, what, almost three years now? Topping meters (read: performing my role in-game) practically the entire time. Did it bug me last night to be left out? Sure, a bit. I would've loved to have been in there. But you know what I did? I made myself available to help if the need arose and I offered my verbal support. The sooner they get done in there, the sooner the rest of us can get in and get to learning. My advice to you is to do the same. This is a stressful time for everyone in-guild because of the new content tier and we, as guild members, need to make it flow as smoothly as possible for everyone.

Post Posted: Apr 17, '09 2:40 pm 

no ... your wrong... if you choose this over REAL LIFE then you are a fucking retard PERIOD. i couldnt even stomach reading the Babble of bullshit you just wrote. and how the FUCK do you expect ppl to get better if you are not including them until they have someone telling them step by step what to fucking do??? it wont happen... you know what fuck all of you idiots take this shit so seriously hahah... its ridiculous ... I guess ill be quitting .. nice going losing a friend and a badass addition to your guild ...

http://www.midnightgamingchampionship.c ... pe=Winners

they took the photos down from 2007 i wont the finals in two diff games ...

1-UP network also pulled there 08' photos from the other tourneys...

post your gaming achievements up here... anyone? anyone?

Last edited by w0rd on Apr 17, '09 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Board index » General Discussion