[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4683: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
forums.nubstars.com • View topic - Festergut
Login    Forum    Members    FAQ

Board index » Nubstars » Boss Strats

Post subject: Festergut
 Post Posted: Jan 05, '10 6:44 am 
Living Legend

Uhm pretty much theres a taunt rotation. What we chose to do since i could bubble my stack off was both tanks tank til a 9 stack. I would wait til the boss did his third vapor eat and then i would bubble sack burning my cooldown for the 2nd tank. Then we used 2-3 tanking cooldowns and he would go back to normal and loose his 90% damage buff. The next tank would get 9 stacks I would taunt back. Boss would be around 1.5-2 stacks. I would tank the 3rd vapor this time. Rinse and repeat for tanking pretty much.

At the beginning of the fight there is alot of aoe healing and by alot i mean if you arent ready people are going to die. Trust me when I say the aoe healing gets alot easier as the fight goes on.

Other than that its all about grouping up when the spores happen. These are very important as not only do they make the AOE damage become less painful. They also make it so when the boss does his 60k ability it doesnt gib you. So it is very important that you dont miss more than 1 stack.

In 25 there are 3 spores and in 10 there are 2. Here is our deal for what happens if they are grouped.

If there are three on range one needs to run to melee. It will always be the one farthest right. So range should always be prepared to run to the left if on the right side.

If there are 3 in Melee the ones on the farthest left and right will run backwards.

If there are 2 in Melee the one that is on the side that is missing a spore will run out.

The only time this changes is one of the spores in the melee is a tank healer in which case he will be staying no matter what.

When you see the spores on peoples heads you run and stack up on them. After it is over you move back to your spread out moon light positions. Be careful of not stacking more than 1 spore in an area as the explosion also has a stacking debuff. So 2 spores = twice as much damage on everyone.

Rinse repeat. Phat loot.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Festergut
 Post Posted: Jan 06, '10 9:51 am 

Just checked on Tankspot since I am at work and seemed like the thing to do. But the vid guide for festergut looks like what we had going last night with a few minor changes, worth a look at tankspot.com main page.

Post subject: Re: Festergut
 Post Posted: Jan 06, '10 7:26 pm 

hey guys, our 10man last night 1 shot this!! everything we did in 25man is completly legit i diddnt see this mentioned, the people that get the vomit stun seem to wander a couple yards so make sure to stay 10-12 yards away from eachother!

(^__^)!!!!

Board index » Nubstars » Boss Strats