[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4683: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
forums.nubstars.com • View topic - [Tankadin] General Vezax Hardmode
Login    Forum    Members    FAQ

Board index » Nubstars » Boss Strats

Post subject: [Tankadin] General Vezax Hardmode
 Post Posted: Jul 24, '09 6:20 pm 
Living Legend

Just typing this up for some people who might read it.

As you may already know from fighting it in regular you have a hard time regening mana at some points in the fight. I wear a lot of avoidance gear so that means I am not getting hit as much which means the only way I can get mana back isn't going to give me mana back. We used two disc priests on our first downing of General. So it was basically a battle with shields.

I was using Judgement of Light over a ret pally. Seal of the Righteous, but when the saronite vapor formed i switched to Seal of Light. And my current gear and spec on armory. The main thing i had issues with is sometimes i would go a whole phase without getting hit which means I wasn't generating any mana. It had alot to do with RNG which I will explain a couple things you could do to increase the chance the RNG goes your way without risking yourself up to wiping :).

What our healers did was let me get to around 40% if i had no mana and then use direct heals to give me some mana back. But even at that rate I had to change my rotation to not include anything but Judgement --> Holyshield --> SotR --> Exorcism.

If you do just that when you are below 20% mana you should almost always have enough mana left from even hot heals to repeat it. If by chance you go full mana again I burned all my mana to get as much threat as I could and put myself around 30% every chance I got.

The other thing is, which you might not have a problem with if you take a melee group is... running out of range on "darkness". What i would do is just run around 20ish yards in front of him if I ran to far or he stopped to cast flames id stop just so my threat never "dropped" off. This is the safe way i found. normally staying around 20% mana the whole time.

Another thing you can do... which is a little more risky. Especially with a melee stacked group.

Is every darkness take off running and stay 30 yards away. About 50% of the time I would get a shadow crash. Which means you can blow your mana all you want for about 10seconds. But I also got Faceless around 30% of that time too. At the same time. So not only did I have a chance of screwing range dps from a shadow crash but I also screwed the melee from being in range to interrupt or dps for 10-15 seconds.

So just throwing it out there that the stay in range method was a lot more efficent for us and was alot less risky. But if youre feeling frisky the 2nd one is a decent gamble.

Profile Send private message  

Board index » Nubstars » Boss Strats