Login    Forum    Members    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion

Post subject: Re: Raid Population
 Post Posted: Oct 13, '08 9:48 pm 

My laptop died on me last weekend, hopefully in another week or so you shall all see me online once more.

Profile Send private message  
 Post Posted: Oct 21, '08 2:03 pm 

1) The raid days are great!. (WTB More Raid Days).
2) Loot system is great.
3) Leadership....ummmm....I will say.... ummmmm... Is the best!

Here is a few things I notice. Please don't take me wrong, or get angry at me.
a) Some people spend time playing all day, when is time to raid they log off. Then you see them 1 or 2 hours later log in, when the bad part has been covered.
b) Some people don't want to raid because WOTLK.
c) Some people go and play on there alts because they don't feel like running on a raid.

Maybe there is explanations for this, maybe not. But instead of focusing on problems, lets focus on a solution for example what I will suggest is a sign-up format. Where you book your space for a raid night. Maybe 1 week or 3 days earlier before the raid. It can even be done here on the forums.

If you book Tuesday for the raid, and just never show up you get penalized on the bench for 1 week the first time, 2 weeks the second time, and incremental.

This also will serve on what we can do with the people we have. Maybe it will be useless until 80, but I think is something it can benefit Nubstars in the long run.

my 2 cents.
:D

Post Posted: Oct 22, '08 1:23 pm 
Green Machine
Raiding is really a time consuming practice and sometimes real world concerns just cannot be placed aside, esp if the raid isnt over until 2:30 in the morning. I just cant get away with staying logged much past 11pm most nights. Monday is great because I schedule the whole night off and tuesday is a light work day. But if there were another day that would work better for more people I could rearrange and make that my new ga-run-teed raid night.

Earlier start times would help to increase the number I can participate in as it leads to earlier completion. I generally can get from 5-5:30 until 10:30-11 if I know a day or so in advance. Thats a 5 hour raid window. A hard schedule and early start times would see me in a lot more raidgroups.

Post Posted: Oct 23, '08 9:11 am 

afk, brb, summon, wipes, not be ready on time, and other things cause delays. Now the other thing is since 3.0.2 bosses fall faster. So there should be no problem on having the raid's finish late.

Is very simple imagine you favorite sport team call out the games because the players where doing other things. That's why I propose a Calendar system. This way the people that wants to raid can have a raid group and don't get affected from the RL of others. Not only that but also you can see what you have and what you missing in the raid.

There is one thing, the administration should start working on organizing the day people / the night people (server time). I guess there is class leaders, officers or something. Make use of them, give them duties.

:D

Post Posted: Oct 23, '08 9:28 am 

hmm...that sounds far too organized for us :P

but in all honesty, up until the patch and maybe a few weeks before the patch, we were STRUGGLING to just get the required numbers for raids period. So we had to put up with all the afk's, etc. just to get anything done.

I don't see anything significant changing in the few limited weeks before the patch, but perhaps this could be useful in wrath.

Post Posted: Oct 23, '08 3:21 pm 
Set 5-O

It feels good, however, having the luxury of kicking an afk player and replacing them in a raid because you actually have a wait list. Gogo WotLK excitement!

Post Posted: Oct 23, '08 11:48 pm 
Green Machine
To be honest. I think 90% of the ppl that dont raid, are just plain out scared, and just dont have any type of ambition at raiding. Yes axxaxin a calendar system would help ( fyi GEM-guild event manager) also having ppl understand over the course of an entire year plus that we RAID FROM 730-midnight every MONDAY/TUESDAY, so the ppl that don't show up early and are respeccing at 745 and grabbing mats for flasks and shit could have done so hours before. Yes RL gets in the way, I too have a job and a life and friends and a girlfriend even. YES its hard to juggle all these and still meet at definitively 730. Only problem is I'm a big factor, yes Critthis has been a blessing just to have someone get my back from time to time. But truly, it's all our buisness and it's in all our best interests to try and help each other, yea if you cant make it let someone know ( as i know this does happen already )
The real problem has stemmed from long time of not having the accumulated classes/toons/people to play. We simply have not had enough to even fill 25 ppl on a progression night or even on a farmed boss. I mean really why does anyone want to be in scholomance whilst we are on like 5 bosses we farm week in and week out. I DONT KNOW. NOR DO I GET THIS IDEALISTIC POINT OF VIEW. IT MAKES ME WANT TO EAT MY OWN SHOE. I used to wait in line at a summoning stone with 10 rogues above me when i played my rogue ( 40 man raid days ) . Can you imagine how pissed off i was when i got off work like 5 mins later than usual, and people made it to the raid faster to me just by a shear minute or two. Yet i had to wait in line for over 2.5 hours miss out on all the bosses I really needed...But...in the end I had my chance to raid. This is not the case in BC, and hopefully will be the case in WOTLK, considering 10 man content will be more exclusive and getting 2-10 mans, should not be that hard, also considering the fact we already have about killed every boss in BC -pre-sunwell- with less than 21 raid members ( either afk botters or just dead mofo's or just not even in the f**n group ) i think we have done really well for ourselves. Now on the other hand....We - Nubstars - should/could/would be so much further, if some ppl played during the right times, and if we simply had a few more warm bodies waiting bye....the last week or two just seeing a lil excitement in ppl killing new bosses or even old skool shit with our runs inside BWL/AQ/and even MC, people have actually been WANTING to get inside and kill some big mother f***n bosses. This is truly what we need, the ambition to take your time and focus on grouping together and down some internet dragons and get some phatty purps simply put. I know you probably think im rambling on, but its not just a ramble. Axxaxxin and aelatel both point out 2 big issues. But...thats not where it ends or begins...it begins when any one of us log in to wow, and decide what we wanna do that nite...i cant tell you how many times i've seen ppl tell me..."oh yea im gonna be there for BT/hyjal tonite..." and they dont log in until like 1130 and dont even bother asking how its going in there...I dont really care what they think about how its going..because they didnt care to do any of the real work on the trash or clearing thru and getting the harder shit done. Yes it is a task...YES it seems like work...YES IT CAN BE PAINFUL...But..we are a family and we shall come thru everything if we just work together with an open mind. I think that really progression really derives from one's will to help others and to see actual progress in any shape or form, whether it be a simple faction to farm, or reading boss strats and further video research on every class for a specific fight...OR..even running the raid with other ppl and learning from their mistakes, or simply just going out there balls to the wall and seeing how far you can get...read your f**n combat log and derive new strats consiting to the damage that you took during that fight...That to me is WILL.( at least concerning wow-in general ). As for a guild...we need at least i would say 85-90% of the raiders to be oriented like this, the other 15-10% just need to be able bodies-willing to take constructive criticism and be able to LEARN FAST and ON-THE-FLY. This will cause downtime to really not be an issue.

There is multiple solutions to any of these problems, but first we need to start with the AMOUNT of the population, and weed out the bad's the goods and the afkers, I'm not calling anyone out at this time, i love each and every one of you ppls, your all my homies and i'd smoke a blizunt with you any time of the day..even during the raid but seriously..lets find some real solutions, if not lets just 15 man fucking bt AND SUNWELL and get'r done!!!!!!
peace out ladies and gents - Appy - Beatbox

Post Posted: Oct 24, '08 5:25 pm 
Green Machine
Beat, your words touch me. Yes, a lot of things you said are true. I can only speak for me. But A month ago I was just a simple hunter lvl 70 (pre 3.0.2), I got the chance to be in a raid a few hours after been 70. I know some ppl are mad because of that, and I'm not going to point fingers. I never been in AQ, MC, and if I have seen Sunken Temple 3 times is been on a run. I always been on battlegrounds because I never been on a real guild like Nubstars.

After the opportunity of been in a raid (Hyjal), I been reading, testing, working with my rotations and trying to be useful to the guild as member. There is still wordings I am trying to understand that I don't really have a freaking idea what they mean but that doesn't stop me.

Yes, you can be mad at because i screw up in BT on the boiler guy. But please understand that was my first encounter with him. You can bet I have been reading, watching youtube and working to become more helpful.

I am grateful because Nubstars give me my first shot, so if I screw up I work on learning from my mistakes. I am a good PvPer, and I am working to be a good Raider.

RL can screw you, I run a business, have a full-house (wife & 3 kids). But I do as much as possible to be in a raid for the guild, for my comrades that wants to play. If I count count right 1 or 2 raids is all I have miss because of work. So I have a good score 2 out of 20. But I know me or meta (works for me now) we will not be able to be on a raid, we will notify so other ppl can use that space. Is my duty as a member of a guild.

Axxaxin

Post Posted: Oct 25, '08 12:29 pm 

yo axx, i don't think beat was talking about anyone in particular, it was more just general comments about the past year of raiding.

As for Bloodboil - I know it was your first time, and I also totally understand that no matter how many times you listen to an explanation, or even watch a video, or read a strat, there are little things and little tricks on each encounter that you don't ever comprehend till you try the fight. I also have to constantly remind myself that although *I* know the bosses, that my first few attempts were probably just as clueless as others, so when we bring new people onto bosses and they make mistakes you can't get that upset. With that being said, if there is anything at all that you don't quite understand about a boss we've done - feel free to speak up, because I know that most of us are all willing to answer questions and help out.

And lastly - we downed that boss (however unpretty it was), so that's always better than having to redo him :P

Post Posted: Oct 26, '08 7:17 am 
Set 5-O

BEATBOX'S WALL OF TEXT CRITS YOU FOR 83957489 (CRUSHING).
Your monitor suffers a 10% durability loss.
You die.

Board index » General Discussion