[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4683: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
forums.nubstars.com • View topic - Raids
Login    Forum    Members    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion

Post subject: Raids
 Post Posted: Jan 05, '10 9:02 pm 

I would like to make a proposal. Since my return from playing Aion, its seems the guild has acquired quite the amount of people. All of which seem to be interested in raiding. The rules for what seems eons now has been raids on Monday/Tuesday. Start time around 7:30. This always worked well for whatever the content, but we also generally did not have a ton of people looking to raid. Some days it would be hard to even form a 25.

Now we have 50 or more people looking to raid a 25 man every Tuesday, and a good 40 or so looking to go on Monday for the "alt" run. This is fine in many respects. The problem I foresee in the future is,eventually, we will probably take more then one night to finish ICC. Therefore, Tuesday's raid carries over to Monday, and alot of people are therefore left out of raids for the week. Thus, no frost badges, no rep, no loot, no fun.

I feel we need to add a day to the raiding schedule, to allow for the other 30 or so people who do not get chosen to get there raid times in. I feel these groups should also be more organized. Group A runs with group A, with people from group B filling in if members from group A have real life concerns to fulfill. The fact that one week you get the main raid and set aside to go the next but don't make it, screws over a lot of people.

This group system should also apply to heroic difficulty runs. If we stay as one group, we learn to play together better and therefore can attempt the hard mode content like we should be. It really makes me sick that people who are willing to do hardmodes get passed over for main raid nights by those people who refuse out rightly to even try hard modes. That's not helping the guild thats being a lazy POS, unwilling to help the guild. Those people dont deserve main raids, let alone raids at all.

Now for those who bitch TL;DR, a summary.

1) We need more then the two normal days of raiding so everyone gets a chance. This also allows for those of us more pve orientated to get alts through that can help fill spots for raids.

2) We need to regulate the groups so that people don't waste time and put off real life dealings to sit in dalaran and then not get picked.

3) We need to start doing hard modes for both 10 and 25. It is rediculous at best that we are not doing so already.

Oom/Lego

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Raids
 Post Posted: Jan 06, '10 12:04 am 
Living Legend

Post Posted: Jan 06, '10 12:14 am 
Living Legend

Post Posted: Jan 06, '10 12:46 am 
Green Machine
Well not agreeing that we need to extend to more days to fit in more people for 25s, it just makes more stress for the guild to be forming 2 seperate 25s and keep up with all the people in it. All that will happen is that we will become that much larger and zerg like.

Keeping it at two raid nights is fine, it's always been enough to cover what is needed in Lich King. One thing i'm a little confused about is who ends up getting these invites. I know i've missed quite a few raids recently, mainly for the fact I don't get invites anymore and putting aside time has just been a waste of time to do as you said, sit in dalaran wondering if an invite will pop up. I know in my situation there are two capable holy paladins above me in rank in guild, I don't know how invites are done and if they get priority? Should I switch specs or class? I just want to raid consistently and have fun tbh.

Other than not understanding how invites are done in 25s after being in guild for 6-7 months, I tend to miss or get a POS 10 man group for whichever is the new 10 man instance. It would make a world of difference if this stuff could be moved to calendar (perhaps 25 too? so I know if haba or cloudreaver can't make it). I know i'm not the only one that tends to get shafted on 10s and whatnot.

Anyway, enough about that, just sharing some frustration as I try to be a steady raider but one week of unavailability it seems I get put on the backburner for another 2-3 weeks.

This post isn't ment to cause problems, just want to help fix the problem with what lego is going through, as i'd agree i've been there quite a bit.

Post Posted: Jan 06, '10 1:04 am 
Living Legend

Post Posted: Jan 06, '10 1:50 am 

My post was a suggestion to try and help everyone not getting to raid the main raid. I posted this knowing that soon, there would not be an alternative raid. Therefore, if you dont get picked your basically effed out of a weeks worth of badges and rep, which hurts you drastically in this tier of content.

I am sure a suggestion of, run with someone else, will come up. Well on this server there is no one else to run. There are no pugs for 25 man, maybe a 10 man but not a 25, not alli side at least. This hurts those of us who play for raid content the most.

I would hope you would see my post as not a pity party on me, my blow up in guild was uncalled for. This isn't just for me but it seems more and more people are sat every week. Its also never the same people. It would be nice on your part, to inform people ahead of time. There are addons available you mentioned a few, blizz put the calendar option in for a reason. That would help all the butthurt feelings, because I am on as much if not more than alot of people.

You mentioned being around for invites, I have been everyday, since i came back three to four weeks ago. I play more then most too. You mentioned my gear and dps a few times. I assure you my only upgrade options available are hard modes in toc(for a weapon), and the new gear from ICC. If you dont believe me, check my armory, go to the moonkin repository and compare me to others, I am geared. It only took me two weeks, because I did the very things you said win raid spots.

Call me what you will, say about me what you will, but for a guild this size, I think some of my suggestions are not out of line. We have the people, we just need more people to step up to leadership positions. This doesn't mean you. This means the others you have chosen as officers, its their job as officers to run the alt runs, ensure that things are running smooth. It would take a ton of pressure off of you, which is one thing I am sure many can tell are bothering the hell out of you

Post Posted: Jan 06, '10 3:16 am 
Green Machine
I'm far from a casual player, im on almost too much. However, my pally isn't my only character either. It's still my main and most progress tho, which is why when we're not raiding.. yes, I won't be found on that character because of sheer boredom. But, given a raid time (for 10s), i'll be there.. but I can't justify being on that character sitting in cities to see when people form a 10 man group, in fact.. I did this before in ToC days and was in a group...which failed miserably time after time.

I really feel officers should get involved in the 10 mans, even if they don't participate in them but I think if they have been with the guild long enough to recieve the rank they should atleast be able to set up raids that will succeed and post em up or something for the guilds own progression. I don't understand the logic behind figure it out on your own, I don't know a lot of people in the guild at all. I talk to mooncroww, you, amset, cloud and thats about it. People dont tend to be on vent to just chill, it's only during instance runs which contribute to me not knowing anyone.

And, if given the chance in 25s.. i'll be there as much as possible, as I was. But lately i've been legitly missing for RL issues, but I think I should be cool to raid now.. cept for the fact it seems i'm deemed unworthy already.. after 2 weeks. I can work on giving heads up on being missing, but always felt it wasn't needed seeing as there were people to cover. But if you look back, I was there for every ToGC 25.. every single one. I felt 25 toc was pretty much laughable and that if I missed it was fine.
(continued)

As for 25s, again.. i'll work on my attendance/letting you know my availability. But there again, calendar is a great tool for this and would make things a heck of a lot easier for not only the scrubbles, but for officers too. If you feel people just click yes reguardless, i'd say just give it another chance.. if people do that, call them out, just as im being called out for not being reliable.

I'm fine with how invites for 25s are done, and i'd strongly disagree attempting to do another set of 25s, will only cause the guild to grow that much more.

10s need to be completely redone tho, officers should be all over that. Can't even tell you how many times i've been in the retard group.

Post Posted: Jan 06, '10 7:36 pm 
Living Legend

Post Posted: Jan 06, '10 8:04 pm 
Living Legend

Board index » General Discussion