[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4683: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
forums.nubstars.com • View topic - T8.5 Tokens and You
Login    Forum    Members    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion

Post subject: T8.5 Tokens and You
 Post Posted: May 15, '09 5:09 pm 

One of the most desired tokens right now from Ulduar is the T8.5 tokes. ZOMG Token /roll.

I know our loot system is balance so every one have the same chance to get a piece of gear. Now Unfortunately this is not fair for T8.5 pieces and the people that make time to go raid for some one who to come raid 1 day roll on the piece and vanish for 2 weeks. We are in a position right now that we have to fill spot cause people are failing to show up.

So here is what I propose:
Main Group Players:
Raid is Monday/Tuesday if you show both days you can roll on those pieces. If you show just monday and tuesday you went to make banana shakes don't roll. If you show up tuesday but monday you went to make strawberry shake don't roll. In other words for you to be able to roll on the pieces you have to be in tuesday/monday.

Stand By People:
If your not part of the main group but once in a while you get called to fill a spot here is your deal. Show up Monday and tuesday and be ready to be called out to fill a spot, even you not running you showed up so that counts. If you only fill spot on monday or tuesday don't roll.

And this only applies for T8.5 tokens. IMHO this will fix the loot problem. Now you may want to look at different points of view like RL shit came up. RL shit is acceptable but RL shit happening monday or tuesday of every week? give your spot to a filler that has been waiting and desired the same loot as you.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: T8.5 Tokens and You
 Post Posted: May 15, '09 5:38 pm 
Living Legend

It doesn't eliminate the problem of raiding religiously til you get a Betrayer then stopping entirely. It also doesn't guarantee that loot goes to who needs it most or who will use it the best.

There's really not a better way to do things, IMO, without resorting to a DKP or Officer Council system. And, honestly, they cause more problems than they're worth.

We've functioned for years this way and we'll continue to function for years to come. As frustrating as it can be sometimes, it's just something we have to put up with.

Post Posted: May 15, '09 6:06 pm 
Living Legend

Post Posted: May 15, '09 6:21 pm 

Well so it seems is better to not focus on progress but just in loot. Why raid tuesday while we finish on monday and the bosess on monday have the loot that would benefit more.

But for now i will sit and shout up. At least I said something.

Post Posted: May 15, '09 7:59 pm 
Living Legend

Post Posted: May 22, '09 9:15 pm 

Just my 2 cents, and I'm new so that probably isn't worth the copper it takes to make it, but here goes:

I am usually only on after 9:00pm central time. I usually fill a spot someone else gave up due to whatever IRL. I don't expect loot. If something drops that I need, I'll roll, but I don't get my feelings hurt if it goes to someone else, even if I won. They were there, they showed up on time. I'm just glad to get to see the fights, help out, get tokens/badges/whatever, and possibly get loot if nobody else needs it. I'm not in blues anymore, but I'm nowhere near the top geared resto druid we have. I don't ever expect to be unless something in my schedule or personal life changes that allows me to be on time to raid on Monday and Tuesday.

If someone shows up on time Monday, but not Tuesday, and it becomes a pattern, the officers will begin to notice and adjust loot accordingly. I have to agree, the way we do it is about as fair as I've seen it done, even if some get frustrated by it.

Naxx 10/25 and Ulduar 10? Those are a different story, everyone seems to get an equal shot no matter what. But Ulduar 25? Show up and contribute on a regular basis and you will be rewarded. If you can't, no big deal, just don't wine abou it.

Just my 2 cents (more like 3 by this point I guess....)

Board index » General Discussion