[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4683: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3830)
forums.nubstars.com • View topic - Starting Rosters for 25 / 10 man raids... *Necessary*
Login    Forum    Members    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Starting Rosters for 25 / 10 man raids... *Necessary*
 Post Posted: Apr 18, '09 1:36 am 
Living Legend

wow...drama!!!
Ni Hao and yes I am the Asian man. I see both sides of arguments and in reality life is not always fair. I been playing this game for a long time and I seen a lot of guild disband due to stupid guild drama. I been to many new contents: ZG attempts, MC attempts, BWL attempts, blah blah blah. It's not fair when you are the 21th or the 41th guy for the raid. The truth is...most people just had to wait until their turn to try the new content. You can only imagine trying to run a raid when it's 40 available slots and you have 60-70 solid people online. Being a guild leader is definitely not an easy job and even I have to give credit to "smellyboi." Do I get mad when I never got a chance for a bear mount (snif) and even alts got one before I did. So far...I have to agree that what smellyboi selection. It was really 2 tanks, 3 heals, 2 main dps, and 3 hybrid dps. There are times the all 3 hybrid dps had break off to help heals or blow their cd b/c the situation call for it. We had to make many adjustments to figure the new content and once we know then we can help guide the future raids. Much luv..........

- Nate, This is a game and if you get too angry or burnout...take a break from it.

Its 2:32AM...grammar suck, English suck, blah time for bed...

Profile Send private message  
 Post Posted: Apr 18, '09 1:36 am 
Living Legend

Dreptile and Haba like little boys!!!

Post Posted: Apr 18, '09 1:42 am 
Living Legend

I'm not going to lie...I was carried when I rerolled to this server. I had a deck out "THE GENERAL" 70 mage before I came here :-(. I had S2 staff, 4 pieces T4 and had more DKP than the anyone in the guild and we were just progessing SSC while Nubstars were doing Gruul.

Post Posted: Apr 22, '09 12:06 pm 
Living Legend

I find it hard to believe apparently comments from my mouth are being used in here.. Yes I have had my own little time of QQ, but just as shock said, it sucks to be the 21st or 41st person in raid. I too have been through many a content. I remember the days of GEM - Guild Event Manager, and solely because I worked nights and the new events were posted @ raid time @ 730 every nite, I was also listed as a sub rogue, behind 12 other rogues, the guild brought maybe 7 rogues max to every raid...GFG at rolling a rogue right? But instead, I would farm, I would improve my gear on my Own.. The thing you dont get nate and Im sure you and fan have already talked about this, and I'm not trying to publicize or start drama anymore - My name is not hugmeimshort _ <3 you hugs...but in all seriousness, everything you do is A) a representation of nubstars, B) a representation of our friendship , both IRL and ONline, C) helps the guild. No matter how little you think it or how miniscule it may be, those 4 boorean leather scraps, and those lil 3 cobalt ore you get from doing the fishing dailies or cooking or just looting off the mob in your 5 man group or a simple lil re-quested mob that you get some dainty loot from, when it goes to GBANK, it all counts, if you use it for repair bots it all counts.. EVERYTHING you do, and EVERY moment you spend all counts. Believe me, I work nights, I would like to slit my wrists everytime 725 rolls around and im not rolling out of work, knowing that i still need to make another 75$ because its slower in the earlier evening, trust me, your not the worst off, and Matt knows it best, I call him all the time, and he has it worse not only being a GM but our friend, give him a chill pill... Your lil smash bros comment is bunk, I have 2 xbox controllers, what happens when i wanna smoke a blunt(alreadyquit) with 4 homies and everyone wants to play...someones sitting...who..idk, but what happens when i dont get to play the person who i wanted to whoop ass on because they are tired of it after 2 games, shugar happens, and its not intentional. Again, this isnt to dramatize anything anymore, I realize you have already posted and rescneded your output. I just wanted to comment because my name is being thrown around a lot and it seems I've been saying things I havent, BTW, anyone seen me log in at weird times ninja'ing the guildbank... Hope not..SYKE, i was just kidding about that..dont gkick me matt...LOL. But really..shock is right, fan is right, even you Nate are right , in your own perspective outlooks, but Ill tell you nate. If you know a gamer any good one, you know fan is one of the best. In all actuality, I have bitched and bitched because A i was replaced due to the fact palis are so OP over warriors now, didnt use to be that way, I still chose to play my warrior, but I dont QQ as much anymore, I really enjoy just being a part of what everyone is doing now, and hopefully ppl still believe in me as a tank, and would have me tank anything just as they would fan. I re-rolled here, and got no preferential treatment, I leveled to 57 and fan started pain training me thru quests at lvl 61 himself. We 8 manned and 7 manned kara with 1 healer forever, and slowly slowly convinced people like wyrm and others slowly, by means of bribery and sexual favors to come join us, we got Ty, which IMHO was probably the best decision both parties coulda made, altho Ty would tell you different, because he prolly drinks a lot more now-a-days :). But really, we did 20 man ssc, we have burnt ourselves over n over, and because ppl didnt want to be a part, they wanted to be #1 all the time, we eventually failed, until we just got an overabundance of ppl to continue with the truest of all main goals, Teamwork. And basically ill tell you this lastly, and it may sound sad and pathetic to you, but when I first raided some 2.5 years ago with Cult of Slack on horde. and waited for 12 other rogues to walk in and dps shit before i got my slot, everyone that logged on, waited in Kargath, prior to raid, dueling, waiting for the GM to log on, if you werent in kargath, (but listed on GEM) you prolly missed your inv, if you were in kargath and not listed on GEM, you had higher hopes, basically, if you werent ready ready, you werent even considered, albeit you are ready ready, 10 mans really dont mean jack shit dude, they are training exercises, and you can train just as much by watching a video, its how you focus in game that determines it, if you know your rotation you should be able to pay attention. trust me, I learned to tank via fan, he forced 30 mobs on me + bosses whilst i was 3 levels under them, I learned hard and quick, matt knows his shit, he reminds me of the dude in the south park episode of wow when the dude had a potatoe chip crumble on his t-shirt as he nuked all the alliance in Arathi highlands

-Peace -
-Beatbox - AKA - APPY
-P.S. I HAS BETRAYER< RAWR > here comes the deeps

-KIDDING Alexa <3

Post Posted: Apr 22, '09 12:44 pm 
Green Machine
Oh how I miss the days of the guild...so as for a quick comment on my thoughts...this is a guild with a desire to get things done. There are other guilds who you may say have more fun, and they progress by bringing all their members into raids, but at a slower pace...Nubstars is a winner. Every winner needs bench players, because as I've read, most everyone seems to be pretty busy these days. So get in vent, and listen and learn. You can learn all you need to know that way, and eventually, you'll get a regular shot...just be ready for it.

Glad to read you are all doing so well...good luck in the new content. I don't keep up anymore with Morte, but if they are still around, kick a few asses for me. Oh, and please stop your bitching...it's too much to read :)

...W

Post Posted: Apr 22, '09 5:36 pm 
Living Legend

Jesus Christ, Appy. Have you used your ENTER key recently? :P

Post Posted: Apr 23, '09 6:49 am 

holy f'in rawr appy that was a hell of a run on sentence.. I am done bitching man.. I dont even give a fuck anymore ... truthfully I had more fun playing the game last night running arena 2's with elfstone then ive had in awhile and i would much rather do that then get my hopes up on raiding in a 10 man and having to beg and plea to get a spot when someone else is already counting on it ( and getting it)..

Post Posted: Apr 24, '09 2:05 pm 

Post Posted: Apr 24, '09 5:13 pm 
Living Legend

not really, I'm more like Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget actually.

Post Posted: Apr 25, '09 4:06 am 

It's true. Matt (Fan) is like Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget, whenever I see him all I ever get to see is the back of his head and his chair while he pets Bob (our dog) like Dr. Claw pets that cat. Now, if I could only get him to start wearing plate gauntlets while he sits there, then that would be something special.

(He also has a creepy deep, gargled, evil laugh in real life... you don't really hear it over vent.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General Discussion