Login    Forum    Members    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion

Post subject: The Post you don't wanna miss.
 Post Posted: Oct 30, '08 4:03 pm 
Living Legend

Q u o t e:
In my opinion no one in Morte should be the least bit frustrated to see others getting to see these fights and getting the gear, as it really is a nice experience for them to have before the Lich King comes along. Morte's accomplishment was to see them, not only first, but before the nerf, and they have every right in the world to be proud of and happy with that fact.

Jaedenar knows Morte is it's top guild alliance side, and anyone who would argue that is just plain silly.

With all do respect I want to look at some facts. Nubstars didn't start until later in the game on the progression. We weren't even a raiding guild until everyone decided they wanted to get in the mix and start looking at content. We raid 2 nights a week and sometimes only once when we don't have the attendance.

1. You blame the removal of being keyed to our progression. Yes it helped...made things easier...but I guarantee that if it was left in the game we would have all been attuned in no time at all. Kael and Vash are easy bosses and the attunement was a joke to begin with. PuGs on other servers accomplished these bosses.

2. You also bring up the tedious farming you guys did for shadow resist gear to do mother. The night we downed her every person in the raid except for maybe two or three people had the full craftable shadow resist sets. We farmed the same crap you guys did.

3. You say that all the bosses are easy mode because of the "nerf" or "buff" that we received in 3.0. Either or it doesn't matter how it works out. Pre 3.0 on our first night in BT we downed 5/9 bosses...most of which were 1 shot. This falls back to everything being scripted. You devise a strategy and play the roles you need to and everything is easy nerf or no nerf.

Some things to look at when you decide to pick on Nubstars or try to facilitate excuses to our progression is the experience our core has. I ran a guild pre BC before I quit wow to later return that had 100% completion of end game content before BC was even talked about. We wrote the strategies as there weren't any because we were among the first. Others in the core raided religiously pre BC in the same content I speak of.

Another thing to remember is that Nubstars was faced with an attendance problem resulting from the low population of our server but we still managed to beat the odds and come forth. The guild is very relaxed and casual....but still we accomplish more in 2 nights of raiding than most that raid every single day.

Overall I am clearly unimpressed that you guys had as much time to clear through all the end game content and you guys didn't even have Sunwell cleared pre 3.0. You guys were on the latter stages when we first set foot into SSC. Your riding tall on your high horse and you promote yourself and your guild to be the most superior guild on the alliance side of the server. You constantly look down on Nubstars and come up with excuses. You guys couldn't even figure out how the get a bear mount in ZA when you extremely out geared us. Our 10 before your 1 was proof enough of that...and I remember skipping a few resets just because we didn't feel like doing it.

You want to argue the fact on who runs the best guild...you just remember. The people in our guild actually like our guild master and would go to hell and back for him. Our members are composed of people who are loyal, dedicated, fun to play with, and extremely talented. I know a few people in Morte and I respect them a great deal. I know they are talented and they are very nice. On the other hand I wouldn't follow someone like yourself because your attitude and loot whoring ways are very unappealing. Maybe if you would have focused on strict progression instead of making sure all your alts had all the T6 and nice little toys, you might have made it through Sunwell. All in all, in defense of Nubstars, I pity the members that you have who follow such a leader and I wish the best of luck to them in hopes of finding a more enjoyable environment to place themselves in once WOTLK hits.

Have fun in WOTLK because it won't be an uneven race any longer.

"In raids, the reality is that most of a player's contribution comes from how well that player plays that character, regardless of the class."

~Kalgan, Blizzard Lead Developer

Profile Send private message  

Board index » General Discussion